Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Amazing Class

I follow several blogs - some artsy, some about scrapbooking, some about card making. You get the gist. One of the blogs I follow is Ronda Palazzari. I came across her youtube channel when I was searching on stencils and techniques. I love her style and was checking out her blog one day, when I suddenly realized she was actually based in the same state I was! Really, total shock. It just seems so rare to find that artists I follow ever come within driving distance of me. And then I noticed not only was she based here, she actually had a class coming up at a scrapbook store not too far away!

Okay, not too far away meant a 2 hour drive, but that certainly is better than having to fly somewhere just to take a class!

So I signed up! Looked like just what I was wanting to do these days - painting on canvas, layered, altered art kind of stuff.  And it was as great as I thought it would be!  Loved her casual teaching style! Loved that she tried to push each of us artistically. I wasn't too sure about free hand painting the face in the bottom - but she walked me through the process and I decided to just give it a try!

Now the truth is, I didn't finish the project in class...I'm slow, sometimes thinking too much about it all.  But I did finish it the next day when I had the chance...definitely a sign I loved the class since it didn't get tossed on the shelf to collect dust!


Here's my finished project! I learned lots of fun new (to me) techniques - like transfers, and a new way of stamping. Never thought of rolling a stamp for a partial image - loved the look!

I took a color theory class in college - quite awhile ago - and loved having to pull that knowledge out again!

I will be searching for more classes to take from Ronda that's for sure! Okay, and she enabled my interest in stencils by having her prototypes for us to play with - there's several new ones on my wish list already!

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. WAY COOL!!! LOOOOOVE your finished project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete